Sharon L. Steingard
Sharon L. Steingard is a partner in the Philadelphia and Jenkintown office of Willig, Williams & Davidson. She concentrates her practice in all aspects of wills and estates, including estate planning and the preparation of wills, trusts, powers of attorney and living wills. She also represents clients in Estate Administration and other matters before the Register of Wills and in Orphan’s Court. A member of the firm’s Legal Services Department, Sharon also counsels and represents individuals with regard to personal injury, consumer law and other civil litigation matters. She has appeared in trial courts in Philadelphia and all of its surrounding counties and has successfully argued before the Commonwealth, Superior and Supreme Courts of Pennsylvania.
Sharon has provided legal services to members of the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers since the 1979 inception of the Prepaid Legal Service Plan. Since joining Willig, Williams & Davidson she has represented thousands of union members who enjoy the benefit of a pre-paid legal services plan. She considers it a privilege to assist workers and other individuals who, without prepaid legal services, could lack access to quality legal representation.
In addition to representing workers and other individuals, Sharon serves as an arbitrator for the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. Sharon is a frequent lecturer who regularly presents to groups such as the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Council 13.
Sharon earned her juris doctor from Villanova University School of Law in 1975. She received her bachelor’s degree from Syracuse University in 1972.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1975
- Syracuse University, B.A., 1972
- Willig, Williams & Davidson, Associate, 2004-2009; Partner, 2010-Present
- Dessen, Moses & Sheinoff, Associate, 1986-2004
- Leonard M. Sagot Associates, Associate, 1979-1986
- Berkowitz & Gutkin, Associate, 1975-1979
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1975
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1976
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1980
- United States Supreme Court, 1984
- American Bar Association, 1979-1984
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (formerly Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association), 1979-Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1979-1984
- Philadelphia Bar Association, 1975-Present
- Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Arbitrator, 1976-Present
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, 1979-1984
- “Planning for the Unforeseeable” Public School Employees Annual Pre-retirement Seminar, Philadelphia, Pa., 2008, 2009
- “Planning for the Unforeseeable,” AFSCME Council 13, State College, Pa., 2008
- “Planning for the Unforeseeable” Philadelphia Federation of Teachers Retirement Chapter, Philadelphia, Pa., 2007, 2008
- “Planning for the Unforeseeable” Philadelphia Federation of Teachers Educational Conference, Philadelphia, Pa., 2007
Articles & News