Scott M. Pollins
Scott M. Pollins is of counsel in the employment law department of Willig, Williams & Davidson. An experienced employment law attorney, Scott serves as an advocate for working individuals who have suffered discrimination in the workplace. He counsels and represents clients in matters relating to sexual harassment, discrimination, employment agreements (contract negotiation, non-compete agreements, severance), retaliation and whistleblower actions, wrongful termination, employee benefits and overtime and wage and hour concerns. A dedicated advocate, Scott takes pride in achieving positive results for his clients through both litigation and negotiation.
Prior to joining Willig, Williams & Davidson, Scott was the principal of Pollins Law Firm where he focused on employment law and personal injury. He also served as an associate for White and Williams LLP.
An active member of the legal community, Scott serves as president of the National Employment Lawyers Association Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter and co-chairman of the Plaintiffs’ Employment Panel of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He is also a member of the American Bar Association’s Employment Rights and Responsibilities Committee, and provides pro bono legal assistance through Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts. In addition, Scott is a frequent speaker for legal organizations, lecturing on employment law and personal injury matters.
Scott has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters, published annually in Philadelphia magazine in 2012 and 2013.
Scott earned his law degree from Dickinson School of Law in 1995. He is a graduate of Bucknell University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in business administration.
- Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Bucknell University, B.S., 1991
- Willig, Williams & Davidson, Of Counsel, 2011-Present
- Pollins Law Firm, Principal, 1999-2011
- White and Williams LLP, Associate, 1995-1998
- Maryland Court of Appeals, 1996
- New Jersey Supreme Court, 1995
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1995
- American Association for Justice, 2000-Present
- American Bar Association, 1995-Present; Employment Rights and Responsibilities Committee; 2006-Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, 1996-Present
- Montgomery Bar Association, 1999-Present
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), 2004-Present
- NELA Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter, 2004-Present; President, 2010-Present
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, 2000-Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1995-Present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, 1995-Present
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, 1998-Present
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Plaintiffs’ Employment Panel, 2006-Present; Co-chairman, 2009-Present
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, Philadelphia magazine, 2012-2013
- "Determining Employment Distrimination Case Merits under State and Federal Law" Inside the Minds: Representing Employees in Discrimination Cases, Aspatore Books, 2012 (Authored by Stuart W. Davidson and Scott M. Pollins)
- “Surviving the Shipwreck – The Impact of the 2008-2011 Recession on Labor and Employment Lawyers and Their Clients,” American Bar Association, Employment Rights and Responsibilities Committee, San Juan, Puerto Rico, March 2011
- “Pleading Employment Discrimination Cases,” Montgomery Bar Association, Annual Labor and Employment Committee CLE, Norristown, Pa., November 2009
- “Taxation of Awards and Settlements in Employment Cases,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, Pa., October and February 2009
- “Effectively Guiding a Complainant through the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Philadelphia, Pa., August 2009
- “Taxation of Awards and Settlements in Employment Cases,” National Employment Lawyers Association, Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter and Montgomery Bar Association, Philadelphia and Norristown, Pa., October 2008
Articles & News