Danielle Newsome is an associate in the Philadelphia office of Willig, Williams & Davidson, where her practice focuses on matters related to labor and employment law. Prior to joining the firm as an Associate, Danielle served as a summer law clerk at the firm while completing her legal education.
Danielle is intimately familiar with the issues facing working men and women, having spent years working as an organizer with groups including the Change to Win Labor Union Federation, United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, and American Federation of Teachers, among others.
In 2013, Danielle was awarded a Peggy Browning Fund fellowship, a 10-week fellowship for law students who dedicate their summer to advancing the cause of workers' rights. She worked for the Sheet Metal Workers Local 19 in Philadelphia, researching and drafting contract proposals, legal memos, and a guide for union staff on alter ego employers. She also participated in negotiation sessions with both public and private sector employers and provided support on the union’s picket line.
Danielle earned her juris doctor from Temple University’s Beasley School of Law, where she was a member of the Temple Political & Civil Rights Law Review, and the Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society, active in the Black Law Students Association, and National Lawyers Guild, and volunteered with the Homeless Advocacy Project.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2015
- Cornell University, B.S., 2008
- Sheller Center for Social Justice, Certified Legal Intern, 2014-2015
- Willig, Williams & Davidson, Law Clerk, Summer 2014
- Sheet Metal Workers Local Number 19, Peggy Browning Fellow, Summer 2013
- American Federation of Teachers, Organizer, 2011-2012
- Faculty Member, Cornell University Strategic Corporate Research Summer School, 2011 - 2013
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, Organizer, 2009 - 2011
- Barristers Association of Philadelphia, Member, 2013-Present
- Philadelphia Coalition of Labor Union Women, VP for Membership, 2012-Present
- Philadelphia Jobs with Justice, Secretary, 2013-Present
- Speaker, Choosing to Practice Labor Law in the 21st Century, Drexel Law School (2016)
Articles & News