- Willig, Williams & Davidson Labor Lawyer Stuart W. Davidson adds context to SEPTA Strike for The Philadelphia Inquirer
November 2, 2016
Willig, Williams & Davidson labor lawyer Stuart W. Davidson was recently quoted in The Philadelphia Inquirer about his insights on union strikes.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Labor Lawyer Nancy B.G. Lassen provides insight on SEPTA Strike to WHYY and Newsworks
November 2, 2016
Willig, Williams & Davidson labor lawyer Nancy B.G. Lassen spoke with Newsworks about TWU Local 234’s strategy in the most recent Septa Strike.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson attorney Michael Fenerty Defends Great Britain in Irish Potato Famine Mock Trial
October 19, 2016
Michael P. Fenerty, a Philadelphia family law and wills, trusts and estates attorney with Willig, Williams & Davidson, was recently quoted in The Philadelphia Inquirer about his participation in a mock trial at City Hall with students from St. Joseph’s Preparatory School.
- Employment Lawyer Ryan Hancock Quoted in The Philadelphia Inquirer on Criminal Records and Employment Applications
August 19, 2016
Philadelphia Inquirer reporter, Jane Von Bergen, quoted our employment law attorney, Ryan A. Hancock, in “Taking the first step toward giving ex-offenders a second chance.”
- Family Law Attorney Kathleen Tana Authors Article on International Adoption Law for The Legal Intelligencer
July 12, 2016
Family law attorney Kathleen Tana contributed an article to The Legal Intelligencer on changes and trends in adoption law, particularly in the field of international adoption law.
- Attorney Irwin W. Aronson Speaks with the Rick Smith Show About Pennsylvania's Unemployment Compensation Insurance System
June 8, 2016
Willig, Williams & Davidson labor attorney Irwin W. Aronson discusses fixing Pennsylvania's unemployment compensation insurance system.
- Labor and Employment Attorney Alaine Williams Quoted on New U.S. Overtime Standards
May 27, 2016
Willig, Williams & Davidson partner comments on a recent ruling by the U.S. Department of Labor updating overtime regulations.
- Labor Law Attorney Ralph Teti Quoted on The School District of Philadelphia's Collective Bargaining Dispute
May 18, 2016
Willig, Williams & Davidson partner Ralph J. Teti comments on the School District of Philadelphia’s ability to cancel a collective bargaining agreement with its teachers union.
- Willig Williams & Davidson Mentioned in SEPTA Employment Class Action Media Coverage
May 10, 2016
Willig Williams & Davidson has been mentioned by multiple Philadelphia media outlets regarding a recent SEPTA employment class action federal lawsuit.
- Labor Law Attorney Nancy B. G. Lassen Interviewed in Story on Local Firm Hit with Whistleblower Suit
April 5, 2016
Partner Nancy B. G. Lassen comments on whistleblower suit filed against Lloyd Industries, a manufacturer of fire dampers and ventilation products in Montgomery Township.
- Willig Williams & Davidson Lawyers Pongracz, Williams, and Lassen Meet Gay-Marriage Hero Mary L. Bonauto at Rutgers-Camden
February 19, 2016
Labor lawyers Alaine S. Williams, Nancy B. G. Lassen, and Louise “Wendy” Pongracz attend annual Rutgers-Camden law school lecture presented by civil rights lawyer Mary L. Bonauto.
- Partner Alaine Williams Interviewed by CBS on Supreme Court Case That Could Affect Philly Unions
January 22, 2016
The U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments Jan. 18 in a California case that could have major repercussions in the Philadelphia area.
- Young v. UPS, Other Developments Affect Accommodations for Pregnant Workers
November 12, 2015
Willig, Williams & Davidson partner Alaine S. Williams is interviewed by Bloomberg BNA regarding accommodations for pregnant workers.
- U.S. Supreme Court May Ultimately Have the Final Word on the Future of Unpaid Internships in the Private Sector
October 29, 2015
Willig, Williams & Davidson attorney Ryan A. Hancock is interviewed by Bloomberg BNA on the future of unpaid internships in the private sector.
- Bloomberg Business Mentions Willig, Williams & Davidson in Gay Marriage and Workplace Rules Article
September 17, 2015
Willig, Williams & Davidson wrote an article on the new rules in the human resource arena, and the officers who handle company benefits and need to incorporate gay and lesbian employees and their spouses into plans.
- Attorney Irwin Aronson Speaks with the Rick Smith Show About School Districts and State Legislative Budgets
September 4, 2015
Employment lawyer Irwin Aronson is interviewed on the Rick Smith show around school district budgets and government allocations.
- If They Look Like Employees and Work Like Employees, Interns Need to be Paid Like Employees
June 9, 2015
Willig, Williams & Davidson, Of Counsel attorney Ryan Hancock reviews trends and factors for paid versus unpaid interns in the workforce today.
- Deb Willig Provides Insights to Thomson Reuters on How to Make Your Business a Great Place to Work
May 28, 2015
Philadelphia employment and labor attorney, Deb Willig speaks to Thomson Reuters about diversity and innovative work at Willig, Williams & Davidson.
- Louise Pongracz Addresses Health Care Reform Excise Tax and Labor Unions with Business Insurance Magazine
May 27, 2015
Philadelphia labor lawyer Louise “Wendy” Pongracz of Willig, Williams & Davidson discusses the Cadillac tax and complicated employer contract negotiations.
- Irwin Aronson Discusses Waste, Fraud of Abuse of Cyber Charter Schools with Rick Smith Show
April 29, 2015
Willig, Williams & Davidson labor law attorney Irwin W. Aronson speaks about Pennyslvania education funding for cyber charter schools and fund allocation.
- Attorney Richard Poulson Quoted Regarding Pittsburgh Police Union Contract Arbitration
April 8, 2015
Willig, Williams and Davidson attorney Richard Poulson is quoted in news coverage of his opening presentation for the police union at a contract arbitration hearing in Pittsburgh.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Wins Major Victory For the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers
January 23, 2015
Ralph J. Teti, labor law attorney for the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers (PFT) and attorneys from Willig, Williams & Davidson defeated the School Reform Commission’s attempt to unilaterally cancel their Union contract.
- Partner Stuart Davidson Writes for Huffington Post on the University of California's Student Workers Union Vote
December 29, 2014
Union and labor law attorney Stuart W. Davidson contributed an article to Huffington Post Politics on the effects of the recent vote by University of California’s student workers union to approve the "Boycott, Divest from and Sanction Israel (BDS)" movement.
- Attorney Richard Poulson Interviewed on NBC10 About Police Layoffs In Franconia Township
October 22, 2014
Richard Poulson, Labor Law Attorney for Willig, Williams & Davidson discusses Franconia Township budget cuts, police layoffs and possible unfair grievance practices.
- Judge Temporarily Bars SRC From Imposing Terms on Teachers (The Inquirer)
October 20, 2014
In a win for Philadelphia Federation of Teachers, the Common Pleas Court grants request to temporarily halt the School Reform Commission's plan to impose changes to teachers' benefits.
- Labor Law Attorney Ralph Teti Quoted On Temporary Injunction Against School Reform Commission
October 20, 2014
Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner Ralph Teti comments on the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers' temporary injunction to stop the School Reform Commission's plans to impose new health care rules.
- Teacher Union Attorney Ralph Teti Comments on Moving Court Location in Dispute with School Reform Commission
October 19, 2014
Philadelphia Federation of Teachers' law firm Willig, Williams & Davidson seeks change of venue and preliminary injunction on School Reform Commission's decision to cancel teachers contract.
- Attorney John Bielski Comments After Borough of Chambersburg Is Ordered to Reinstate Firefighter
September 3, 2014
Labor and Union Lawyer John Bielski of Willig, Williams & Davidson, represented IAFF Local 1813 in a case charging unfair labor practices in the Borough of Chambersburg.
- Labor Law Attorney Bruce Ludwig Quoted on the NLRB's Decision in Pursuing McDonald's
August 7, 2014
Willig, Williams & Davidson labor and union attorney Bruce M. Ludwig comments on the National Labor Relations Board including McDonald's parent company in a suit against franchise owners.
- Partner and Labor Law Attorney Deborah Willig Quoted on Possible Philadelphia School District Layoffs
July 7, 2014
Willig, Williams and Davidson Partner Deborah Willig comments on seniority dispute between teachers unions and Philadelphia public-school district and a national dispute on staff reductions.
- Labor Attorney Richard Poulson Quoted on Protecting Act 111 for Police Officers and Firefighters
June 12, 2014
Willig, Williams and Davidson Attorney Richard Poulson is quoted in news coverage of his testimony before the Pennsylvania General Assembly in defense of police officer and firefighter collective bargaining rights under Act 111.
- Labor Attorney Nancy Lassen Discusses Decision to Allow College Athletes to Unionize
March 31, 2014
Willig, Williams & Davidson labor lawyer Nancy Lassen discusses the implications of an NLRB decision that would allow athletes at private colleges to unionize
- Knowledge@Wharton Quotes Stuart Davidson on Student Athlete Controversy
March 27, 2014
Long hours, travel and extreme physical demands often are expected of collegiate athletes, and Willig, Williams & Davidson partner Stuart Davidson says colleges should have some long-term obligations to their players.
- Employment Lawyer and Labor Attorney Alaine Williams Attends Distribution of Back-Pay to Former St. Catherine Hospital Employees
December 17, 2013
Willig, Williams & Davidson Attorney Alaine Williams was quoted while attending an AFSCME Union presentation distributing salary compensation to former employees of St. Catherine Hospital after the medical center unlawfully closed.
- Attorney for AFSCME John Bielski Quoted on Northumberland County Employee Arbitration
December 4, 2013
Willig, Williams and Davidson Attorney John Bielski commented on a Northumberland County judge's decision to deny a petition to modify an arbitration and reinstate a fired county employee with back pay and seniority.
- Election and Campaign Finance Law Attorney Ralph J. Teti Quoted on Luzerne County's Independent Party-Line Vote
November 10, 2013
Philadelphia attorney Ralph J. Teti, who served as general counsel to Philadelphia's election commission, said he doesn't believe voters should have a straight-party option for independent candidates because they don't represent parties.
- PCN TV Interviews Attorney Irwin W. Aronson on Federally Protected Conduct in Labor Disputes (HB1154)
November 7, 2013
Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner and Attorney Irwin W. Aronson was a speaker on PCN Call-In Show along with the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry to discuss labor and employment legislation HB 1154 and criminalizing federally protected conduct in a labor dispute.
- Attorney for International Association of Firefighters Local 1813 John Bielski quoted in the Chambersburg Public Opinion News
October 23, 2013
John Bielski, Attorney for International Association of Firefighters Local 1813 spoke to the Chambersburg Public Opinion News on the recent board ruling.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Quotes Richard Poulson on Former Pittsburgh Police Chief's Loss of Pension
October 18, 2013
Labor law attorney Richard Poulson commented in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on loss of pension benefits by Pittsburgh Police Chief Harper if pleading guilty to conspiracy charges.
- Pennsylvania Labor Law Attorney Irwin Aronson Discusses Changes in the PA State Unemployment Benefits
October 13, 2013
Attorney Irwin Aronson comments on the changes made by State Legislature to how the unemployment benefits are calculated, leaving many workers without income for the coming winter.
- Attorney for Firefighters' Local 22 Richard Poulson Quoted in the Philadelphia Inquirer about the Union's Legal Victory
August 15, 2013
Richard G. Poulson was interviewed by the Philadelphia Inquirer regarding the Nutter administration agreeing to not appeal a judge's order to pay a lump sum into the city firefighters' union health-care fund.
- Richard Poulson Speaks to CBS on Firefighters' Local 22 Arbitration Award
August 8, 2013
Willig, Williams & Davidson's firefighters' union attorney, Richard G. Poulson spoke on the City of Philadelphia paying more money into the health and welfare fund for Firefighters' Local 22.
- Irwin Aronson was Featured in a NBC 10 Article on the Same-Sex Marriage Battle in Montgomery County
August 2, 2013
Irwin W Aronson of Willig, Williams and Davidson was quoted in an NBC 10 article on same-sex marriage in Montgomery County, Pa.
- Irwin Aronson Speaks on the Topic of Pa. Suing Montco to Stop Marriage of Same-Sex Couples for NBC 10
July 31, 2013
Irwin Aronson was interviewed by NBC 10 on Montgomery County being sued by Pennsylvania over same-sex marriages.
- AFSCME Attorney Alaine S. Williams was Featured in an Article in the Erie Times Regarding the Pennyslvania Labor Relations Board Rejection of a Proposed Plan
April 11, 2013
Wilig Williams & Davidson's AFSCME Attorney Alaine S. Williams was featured in an article written in the Erie Times about the Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board (PLRB) siding with the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees union stating under state law, officials at Pleasant Ridge Manor needed to negotiate the pension changes with the nursing homes' employees.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Cited in a Daily Kos Article about Labor Negotiations Between AFSCME's District 33 and Mayor Michael Nutter
February 28, 2013
Pennsylvania labor and employment law firm Willig, Williams & Davidson was recently cited in a Daily Kos article about labor negotiations between AFSCME's District 33 and Mayor Michael Nutter.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Mentioned in Philadelphia Inquirer News Story about the Fight against Mayor Nutter's City Workers Proposal
February 21, 2013
Pennsylvania labor and employment law firm Willig, Williams & Davidson was recently mentioned in a Philadelphia Inquirer news story about the fight against Mayor Nutter's proposal for city workers.
- Labor Attorney John Bielski Interviewed by Public Opinion about Chambersburg Borough's Unfair Labor Practices against Local Firefighter
February 2, 2013
Chambersburg Borough has been found to have committed unfair labor practices against a local firefighter under the Pennsylvania Labor Relations Act.
- Labor and Employment Attorney Ralph Teti Speaks to KYW Newsradio about Union Lawsuit against Nutter Administration
January 29, 2013
Pennsylvania labor and employment attorney and Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner Ralph J. Teti speaks to Mike Dunn of KYW Newsradio about the city supervisors’ union filing a lawsuit against the Nutter administration over furlough rights.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Featured in Philadelphia Public Record Story on AFSCME Local Union 2186 and AFSCME District Council 47 Lawsuit against the City of Philadelphia
January 28, 2013
The Center City law firm Willig, Williams & Davidson, representing AFSCME Local Union 2186 and AFSCME District Council 47, has filed suit with the US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania seeking relief from the City’s “complete and unabashed derogation of AFSCME members’ property rights” enacted under Philadelphia Civil Service Regulation 16.
- Deborah Willig Speaks to WHYY Radio about Pennsylvania Labor Relations and Case Law Regarding Contract Negotiations Between the City of Philadelphia and AFSCME District Council 33
January 17, 2013
Pennsylvania labor and employment law attorney Deborah Willig speaks to Dave Davies from WHYY Radio about Pennsylvania labor relations and the unique Pennsylvania case law regarding the contract expiration between the City of Philadelphia and AFSCME District Council 33.
- Pennsylvania Labor Law Attorney Stuart Davidson Featured in Politics PA Article
December 5, 2012
Labor law attorney and Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner Stuart W. Davidson was featured in a Politics PA article about Auditor General-elect Eugene DePasquale's new transition team.
- Alaine Williams Interviewed by The Associated Press about Jerry Sandusky's Pension Revocation and the Pennsylvania Pension Forfeiture Law
October 10, 2012
Pennsylvania labor and employment attorney Alaine S. Williams was interviewed by The Associated Press about Jerry Sandusky's pension revocation and Pennsylvania's pension forfeiture law.
- Pennsylvania Labor and Employment Attorney Deborah Willig Interviewed on WHYY about Philadelphia City Union News
September 26, 2012
Pennsylvania labor and employment attorney Deborah R. Willig was interviewed by WHYY's Newsworks about recent news that the City of Philadelphia was giving raises to non-union workers.
- Pennsylvania Labor Attorney Irwin Aronson Comments on the Legal Challenge to the New PA Voter ID Law on The Rick Smith Show
July 18, 2012
Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner and Pennsylvania labor and employment law attorney Irwin W. Aronson discusses the recent legal challenge to the new Pennsylvania voter ID law on The Rick Smith Show.
- Employee Benefits Attorney Louise Pongracz Comments on New York Times Article about the Supreme Court's Pending Ruling on the Health Care Law's Individual Mandate
June 18, 2012
Willig, Williams & Davidson employee benefits attorney Louise “Wendy” Pongracz commented on The New York Times’ June 17, 2012, article titled, “Expect Big Changes, No Matter the Ruling.”
- Alaine Williams Comments on What Wisconsin's Recall Election Means for Labor Unions on National Public Radio (NPR)
June 6, 2012
The Wisconsin recall election might have failed, but it succeeded in sending an ominous message to pro-labor forces across the nation — especially in the Midwest, where a handful of legislatures are pushing to roll back collective bargaining and other union rights.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Managing Partner Deb Willig Featured in The Philadelphia Lawyer - '10 Questions for Deborah R. Willig'
April 23, 2012
It’s been 20 years since Deborah R. Willig served as the first woman Chancellor of the Philadelphia Bar Association. Since 1979, she’s been a principal in her own firm that concentrates in labor law.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson PA Lawyer Addresses Pennsylvania Public Safety Issues & the State's Charter School Funding System
April 11, 2012
Willig, Williams & Davidson partner and PA lawyer Irwin W. Aronson was the Wednesday, Apr. 11, 2012 opening guest on The Rick Smith Show discussing Pennsylvania public safety issues and the State's flawed charter school funding system.
- Pennsylvania Labor Law Attorney Irwin Aronson Discusses Pending 'Voter Identification' Legislation on The Rick Smith Show
March 7, 2012
On the Mar. 7, 2012 edition of The Rick Smith Show, “Where Working People Come to Talk,” Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner and Pennsylvania labor law attorney Irwin W. Aronson and Rick Smith engaged in a wide ranging discussion about the so-called “voter identification” legislation currently pending before the Pennsylvania State Senate.
- Pennsylvania Labor Attorney Irwin Aronson Addresses National Labor Law News and Trends on The Rick Smith Show
March 2, 2012
Pennsylvania labor attorney Irwin W. Aronson addresses national labor law news and trends, from Pennsylvania State Capitol news to Tampa, Fla. charter school mandates and Georgia legislation, on The Rick Smith Show.
- Pennsylvania Labor Attorney Irwin Aronson Speaks about Pennsylvania Labor Issues and News on The Rick Smith Show
February 22, 2012
Pennsylvania labor and employment law attorney Irwin W. Aronson speaks about Pennsylvania labor issues and news on Feb. 22, 2012 edition of The Rick Smith Show. In this segment of the show, host Rick Smith and Aronson discuss the nearly $300,000 Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) fine on Hershey Foods packaging facility operator, Excel.
- Pennsylvania Labor Attorney Irwin Aronson Co-Hosts Special Three-Hour Presidents' Day Edition of The Rick Smith Show
February 20, 2012
Pennsylvania labor attorney Irwin W. Aronson was the guest co-host of a special Presidents’ Day edition of The Rick Smith Show. During the show, Aronson interviewed In These Times Executive Editor David Moberg; Mark Price, a lead economist from the Keystone Research Center; and Sharon Ward, the director of The Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner Irwin Aronson Speaks about Gov. Corbett's Budget Message on The Rick Smith Show
February 8, 2012
Willig, Williams and Davidson Partner Irwin W. Aronson was interviewed on the Feb. 8 edition of The Rick Smith Show about Gov. Corbett's Budget Message that was delivered to a joint session of the Pennsylvania General Assembly on Feb. 7.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner Irwin Aronson Addresses Employee Rights Issues in Relation to 'Term Limits' Imposed by Some Employers
February 4, 2012
Listen to Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner and PA lawyer Irwin W. Aronson interviewed on the Wednesday, February 4, 2012 edition of The Rick Smith Show, "Where Working People Come to Talk." In this segment of the show, host Rick Smith speaks with Aronson about the new Revel Casino scheduled to open in Atlantic City, N.J. and the casino operator’s startling announcement that it is imposing a so-called "term limit."
- Employee Benefits Attorney Deborah Lerner Comments on the SAG and AFTRA Union Merger and Subsequent Unification of Pension and Health Plans
February 2, 2012
Whether or not the roughly 200,000 actors, artists, and other performers represented by the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Radio and Television Artists vote to merge the two unions, a merger would not necessarily produce a unified pension or health plan, according to a Feb. 1 union report and independent analysts.
- Labor Attorney Irwin Aronson Discusses American Labor Laws and Workers' Rights on The Rick Smith Show
January 25, 2012
Radio talk show host Rick Smith interviewed Irwin W. Aronson, a partner and labor and employment law attorney with Willig, Williams & Davidson, on the Jan. 25, 2012 edition of The Rick Smith Show.
- The Legal Intelligencer Quotes Labor Attorney Ralph Teti in Fire Service Paramedics Collective Bargaining Dispute Article
January 23, 2012
About 200 paramedics who work for the Philadelphia Fire Department may continue as part of the collective bargaining unit for uniformed department employees, the Commonwealth Court has ruled, deciding the "Fire Service Paramedics" were still firefighters under Pennsylvania's Act 111.
- Labor Law Attorney Irwin Aronson Co-hosts The Rick Smith Show with Dr. Steven Herzenberg of the Keystone Research Center
January 11, 2012
On January 11, 2012, Willig, Williams & Davidson labor law attorney Irwin Aronson and Dr. Steven Herzenberg of the Keystone Research Center sat in for Rick Smith of The Rick Smith Show and led his three-hour radio program.
- Labor Attorney Irwin Aronson Explores the Misclassification of Workers on The Rick Smith Show
January 5, 2012
Labor and employment law attorney Irwin W. Aronson focuses on the growing effort at legitimizing misclassification of workers by unscrupulous employers while exploiting workers and legitimate employers in the process.
- Judge Halts Erie County Nursing Home Workers' Pension Changes
December 29, 2011
AFSCME lawyer from Philadelphia, filed paperwork in Erie County Court asking a judge immediately to halt the changes so that the union can dispute the changes before the Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board and also challenge the constitutionality of the pension plan changes.
- Labor Attorney Irwin Aronson Interviewed on The Rick Smith Show about a Pennsylvania Public Education and Student Advocates Victory
December 14, 2011
A coalition of public and private sector unions, the Pennsylvania American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (PA AFL-CIO) and public education and student advocates successfully halted a last minute legislative effort in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
- Labor and Employment Law Attorney Alaine Williams Comments on the Harrisburg Bankruptcy Petition in the Pennsylvania Law Weekly
December 6, 2011
A bankruptcy judge's ruling last month to toss a Chapter 9 bankruptcy petition from members of Harrisburg City Council gives room for Pennsylvania to flex its sovereign muscles — at least over the limited number of municipalities deemed financially distressed in the state.
- Labor and Employment Law Attorney Richard Poulson Speaks about PA Supreme Court Ruling for Firefighters' Rights in The Philadelphia Inquirer
November 30, 2011
A Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruling will make it harder for the City of Philadelphia to enforce changes to its Deferred Retirement Option Plan, or DROP, a firefighters' union lawyer said Tuesday.
- The Legal Intelligencer Interviews Labor Attorney Richard Poulson about PA Supreme Court Ruling for Firefighters' Pension Rights
November 30, 2011
A public employer cannot unilaterally eliminate firefighters' pension benefits without collectively bargaining with a union representative first, the state Supreme Court has ruled.
- State Supreme Court Restores Costly Pension Benefit for Erie Firefighters
Willig, Williams & Davidson PA lawyer Richard G. Poulson is quoted in article regarding Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruling on D.R.O.P for Firefighters in Erie.
- Ronnie Polaneczky: At PPA, tickets and violations
November 8, 2011
Labor attorney Ralph J. Teti comments on the PPA.
- Six council seats up for grabs in Lansdowne
October 28, 2011
Workers compensation lawyer Marianne Henry Saylor runs for Council seat.
- Real Estate Law Attorney Kristine Phillips Shares Memories in The Legal Intelligencer's September 11 Tribute
September 9, 2011
Philadelphia residential and commercial real estate law attorney Kristine A. Phillips recalls where she was and how she felt on that tragic day in The Legal Intelligencer's memorial tribute to September 11, 2001.
- Teamsters Local 676 and Willig, Williams & Davidson Win Paycheck Fight for New Jersey Public Employees
August 5, 2011
New Jersey labor and employment attorney Laurence Goodman’s legal victory in a dispute over unpaid wages for Teamsters Local 676 and a group of New Jersey public workers was the subject of a recent article in the Times of Trenton. The case involved East Windsor Township’s improper denial of wages to employees in violation of their collective bargaining agreement. Attorney Goodman and the Teamsters union overturned the pay reduction at arbitration, then successfully defended the arbitration victory in the face of an employer appeal
- The Philadelphia Inquirer Speaks to Union Lawyer Ralph Teti about Teacher Layoffs
June 12, 2011
Pennsylvania labor and employment law attorney, Ralph J. Teti, is quoted in The Philadelphia Inquirer about the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers’ successful legal battle to forestall improper teacher layoffs and prevent the Philadelphia School Reform Commission’s violation of union contracts.
- Employment Law Attorney Ralph Teti Interviewed on KYW Newsradio about Philadelphia School District Layoffs
June 7, 2011
Philadelphia employment law attorney, Ralph J. Teti, was interviewed by KYW Newsradio's Mike DeNardo about Philadelphia School District layoffs and the school district's violation of union contracts.
- Employment Law Attorney Bruce Ludwig Comments on the Enforcement of Social Media Policies
March 24, 2011
Employment attorney Bruce Ludwig comments on the enforcement of social media policies.
- Labor & Employment Lawyer Nancy Lassen Mentioned in Hope Moffett Lawsuit Coverage
March 14, 2011
Nancy Lassen represents the teachers union seeking injunctive relief and damages for constitutional violations.
- Employment Law Attorney Ralph Teti Comments on the Hope Moffett Federal Lawsuit and Teachers' Rights
March 11, 2011
Ralph Teti comments on employment law and teachers' rights regarding the Hope Moffett federal lawsuit.
- Employment Law Attorney Bruce Ludwig Discusses Employment Law and Social Media Policies
February 13, 2011
Bruce Ludwig comments on a Central Bucks School District teacher's freedom of speech and social media policy matter.
- Employment Lawyer Ralph Teti Quoted on Unemployment Compensation
January 28, 2011
Michael Marren was found guilty of aggravated indecent assault. He's collecting unemployment checks while out on bond and awaiting sentencing. This, an official says, is wrong.
- Teamsters Local 676 and Willig, Williams & Davidson Take the Fight to Governor Christie and Win
January 26, 2011
Willig, Williams & Davidson Philadelphia lawyer was quoted in The Philadelphia Inquirer after winning an arbitration award that found that Governor Christie of New Jersey violated the collective bargaining agreement between Teamsters Local 676 and the Delaware River Port Authority when the Authority took away employee train passes and EZ-Passes.
- Past Philadelphia Bar Association Chancellor Deborah Willig Speaks about Women's Career Paths
January 5, 2011
The Women in the Profession Committee hosted four past Chancellors and the Vice Chancellor recently to discuss the women’s career paths and shed light on what it takes to become Chancellor of the Bar Association.
- PA Supreme Court $4 Million Verdict Against University of Pennsylvania Covered on KYW Newsradio 1060
December 28, 2010
In a David vs. Goliath-like law suit, Mark L. Helpin, D.M.D. of Haverford, Pa., sued The University of Pennsylvania in an employment dispute for breach of contract.
- Past Philadelphia Bar Association Chancellor Deborah Willig Speaks at Panel Event on 'Pathways to Leadership'
December 3, 2010
A panel of former female chancellors of the Philadelphia Bar Association spoke about their career experiences, balancing home and work life, and the challenges they faced on their path to becoming chancellor during the "Pathways to Leadership" discussion.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner and Labor Attorney Alaine Williams Discusses Harrisburg Compensation Matters
October 22, 2010
If you work for the city of Harrisburg, the cascading financial problems have been distilled now to one very personal question: Will I get my paycheck next week?
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Attorney Richard Poulson Comments on Philadelphia Firefighters Study
October 20, 2010
City fire officials, faced with budget cutbacks, costly union contracts, and complaints about the
Nutter administration's commitment to public safety, have asked the state to fund a first-ever
study of the city's needs for a 21st-century Fire Department.
- Pennsylvania Labor Attorney Richard Poulson Quoted Regarding Philadelphia's DROP Pension Benefit
September 8, 2010
Philadelphia union lawyer Richard Poulson defends public employee pension rights in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Stuart Davidson Speaks to WTXF-TV FOX 29 About Labor Unions
September 6, 2010
Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner and labor attorney Stuart W. Davidson was interviewed by WTXF-TV FOX 29 reporter Bruce Gordon. Davidson discussed why labor unions are relevant in America and why the labor movement is vital.
- Labor Attorney Deborah Willig Discusses Diversity at Willig, Williams & Davidson
August 10, 2010
In January, Paoli, Pa.-based insurance litigation boutique Connor Weber & Oberlies named Margaret E. Wenke the firm's first female managing shareholder in its 27-year history.
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Attorney Kathleen Tana Successfully Represents Pro Bono Client
May 25, 2010
Philadelphia lawyer Kathleen M. Tana represented a SeniorLAW Center elderly client in a protracted custody matter and appeal to Superior Court to obtain permanency for a 10-year-old child who had been abandoned by his mother. She spent in excess of 100 hours in successfully asserting the client's right for custody.
- Women in the Profession Roundtable Moderated by Deborah Willig
Deborah R. Willig, the managing partner of Willig Williams & Davidson, served as the moderator for the 2010 Women in the Profession Roundtable hosted by The Legal Intelligencer.
- The Docket, The Earle Mack School of Law at Drexel University Newsletter
Nan Lassen teachers a Labor Law Class at Drexel with a unique twist.
- Union-Side Labor Lawyer John Bielski Discusses Firefighters Union and the City of Philadelphia
April 1, 2010
Philadelphia's firefighters union was up in arms Thursday, over what they say is an effort by the mayor to remove paramedics from the union. Now City Council is planning action.
- Labor Attorney John Bielski Quoted on Erie Pennsylvania Union Case
March 16, 2010
"The City of Erie threatens closure of one fire station after the Erie Court of Common Pleas grants the Erie Firefighters motion for civil contempt for failure of the City to implement safety and staffing provisions of the interest arbitration award previously affirmed by the Court"
- John Bielski Philadelphia Labor Attorney Discusses Erie Pennsylvania Firefighters' Union Case
March 10, 2010
The Erie County Court of Common pleas heard oral argument on the Erie Firefighters' motion for civil contempt for failure of the City of Erie to implement safety and staffing provisions of the interest arbitration award which had earlier been affirmed on appeal
- Pennsylvania Labor Lawyer Richard Poulson Quoted in The Philadelphia Inquirer Regarding Firefighters
January 12, 2010
Deaths by fire in Philadelphia reached a historic low in 2009, Fire Commissioner Lloyd M. Ayers announced yesterday, though the statistic was tempered by the highest number of fire injuries in a decade.