Attorney's Practice Areas
Labor Law - Union Representation
Unemployment Compensation Benefits
Andrew Gniewek is an associate in the Philadelphia office of Willig, Williams & Davidson, where his practice includes representing clients in collective bargaining, interest and grievance arbitrations. Drew represents police and fire labor unions and frequently participates in the training of police and fire union representatives with respect to employment disputes. Drew also represents individual employees in unemployment compensation matters.
Hailing from a proud labor family – his father was a longtime staff member of the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers - Drew attended Rutgers School of Law-Camden on a part-time, evening basis in order to pursue his labor interests. While attending law school at night, Drew worked full-time as a staff representative for the Philadelphia Joint Board, Unite Here/Workers United, where he participated in arbitrations, negotiations and administrative proceedings for hotel, stadium and airport workers in Philadelphia.
In 2011, Drew was awarded a Peggy Browning Fund fellowship, and worked for the Sheet Metal Workers Local 19 in Philadelphia. With Local 19, he participated in construction organizing and bargaining, and initiated prevailing wage complaints.
- Rutgers School of Law-Camden, J.D., 2012
- George Washington University, Magna Cum Laude, 2008
- Willig, Williams & Davidson, Associate, 2013-Present
- Willig, Williams and Davidson, Law Clerk, 2011-2013
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 19, Peggy Browning Fellow, Summer 2011
- Philadelphia Joint Board, UNITEHERE/Workers United, Staff Representative, 2008-2011
- The Office of Congresswoman Allyson Schwartz, Congressional Intern, 2007
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2013
- Philadelphia Bar Association, 2013-Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2013-Present
- American Bar Association, 2013-Present