Print Page | Search

Receive our E-newsletter:

Main Office: Philadelphia, PA (215) 656-3600
Toll Free (800) 631-1233




News Coverage


Press Releases

Seminars & Events



Q. 5. What should I do if I suffer a work injury in Pennsylvania?

When you suffer an injury as a result of an accident or repetitive injury, you should give notice to your supervisor or any other person designated by your employer immediately. You should report the injury even if you do not anticipate missing time from work. Notice can be given either verbally or in writing. If required, complete an incident report.

If you  require medical treatment, you should request the list of designated health care providers approved to treat work injuries. You are required to treat with these physicians for 90 days after the date of your first visit to the doctor. If your employer does not have a list of approved doctors, seek medical treatment from any physician. Be sure to inform your physician that your injury is work related.

Within 21 days of your injury, your employer or its insurance company must notify you whether they agree that you sustained a work injury. The company is required to issue a form entitled Notice of Compensation Payable, which agrees that you have a work-related injury, or a Notice of Compensation Denial, which denies that you have a work injury.

If your claim is accepted, review the Notice of Compensation Payable to determine whether your injury is described accurately and whether your wages are accurate. If your claim is denied, seek medical care with your own physician and obtain legal advice.

If you believe you have suffered a work injury, contact Willig, Williams & Davidson to review your rights and responsibilities at 1-866-413-COMP. We are here to help you with your workers comp claims in Pennsylvania.

Go back to FAQ's

About Our Firm     |    Practice Areas     |    Attorney Profiles     |     Resources     |     Collectively...the Blog     |     Contact Us     |     Home

1845 Walnut Street - 24th Floor - Philadelphia, PA 19103 - (215) 656-3600
212 Locust Street - Suite 301 - Harrisburg, PA 17101 - (717) 221-1000
101 Windsor Avenue - Haddonfield, NJ 08033 - (856) 616-0606
801 Old York Road - Suite 313 - Noble Plaza - Jenkintown, PA 19046 - (215) 884-7352
77 W. Washington St. - Suite 2120 - Chicago, IL 60602

© 2019 Willig, Williams & Davidson. All rights reserved.                                                                              Attorney Advertising          Site Map          Disclaimer

Bankruptcy / Consumer Law / Criminal Defense / Domestic Relations / Family Law / Election and Campaign Finance Law / Employee Benefits Plans
Labor and Employment Law / Union Representation / Legal Services / Personal Injury / Real Estate / Wills, Trusts and Estates / Workers' Compensation