Kelly Ann Brogan
A partner in the Philadelphia office of Willig, Williams & Davidson, Kelly Ann Brogan focuses her practice on employee benefits plans. As an employee benefits lawyer, she advises public and private-sector single and multi-employer pension and health and welfare funds on a full range of comprehensive benefit and tax issues.
As a member of the firm’s employee benefits department, Kelly obtained a revised exemption ruling for Local Union’s Scholarship Fund and prevailed in part on the benefit claim appeal of several employees of a global manufacturing company with respect to the recalculation of their benefit payments.
Kelly’s experience includes assisting clients on various pension and health and welfare issues, such as drafting and amending qualified and nonqualified retirement plans; drafting employee health and welfare plans; assisting clients with securing IRS approval of new and amended qualified retirement plans; assisting clients with class action settlement claims; counseling clients with respect to new benefit options; assisting clients in the set-up and administration of welfare funds; and reviewing Qualified Domestic Relations Orders and Qualified Medical Child Support Orders.
In addition, Kelly’s experience includes a variety of executive compensation and other benefit issues, such as establishing stock option, restricted stock, phantom stock, stock appreciation rights and other equity-based incentive plans; and drafting severance and change-of-control agreements.
Kelly graduated cum laude from Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, where she was a member of the Woolsack Honor Society and received the Polishner Tax Award.
Prior to entering private practice, Kelly was an ERISA / tax consultant with Ernst & Young in Philadelphia. In that capacity she researched tax and ERISA-related issues, resolved qualified plan compliance matters and drafted a variety of benefits plans.
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 1994
- University of Richmond, B.A., 1987
- Willig, Williams & Davidson, Associate, 2003-2017; Partner, 2017-Present
- Drinker Biddle & Reath, Associate, 1996-2002
- Ernst & Young, ERISA / Tax Consultant, 1994-1996
- York County District Attorney’s Office, Legal Intern, 1993-1994
- United States Attorneys’ Office – Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Legal Intern, Summer 1993
- Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas, Law Clerk, Summer 1992
- New Jersey Supreme Court, 1994
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1994
- United States District Court of New Jersey, 1994
- Philadelphia Bar Association, 1996-Present
- Support Center for Child Advocates, Volunteer Attorney, 1995-Present
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, Pro Bono Roll of Honor, 2009
Articles & News