Scott M. Orloff
An associate in the legal services department of Willig, Williams & Davidson, Scott M. Orloff counsels and represents individuals and families in domestic relations matters including divorce, support, custody and equitable distribution. Scott also assists clients with legal needs relating to social security, collections and general litigation.
A few of Scott’s notable achievements include helping a client secure and collect a multimillion-dollar award in a case in which his client’s husband departed the Country to pursue business opportunities abroad. During the pendency of the litigation Scott successfully joined the husband’s paramour as a party. Scott's client was finally was able to realize the collection efforts following the sale of an international hedge fund and litigation in the Federal District court and the Bankruptcy court that resulted in a settlement; Scott has assisted many custody clients in obtaining the return of their children who have been removed from the jurisdiction including a child taken from Pennsylvania to Hawaii by her father in violation of an existing custody order.
In addition to assisting individuals and families with their legal needs as a domestic relations and litigation attorney, Scott is a volunteer lawyer with Philadelphia VIP (Volunteers for the Indigent Program). This program provides legal services for low-income residents and families facing civil legal problems that threaten their basic human needs, such as shelter, employment and health care. Scott also serves as a volunteer child advocate, safeguarding the interests of children whose families are in crisis. Like many Willig, Williams & Davidson attorneys, Scott believes it is incumbent upon lawyers to provide pro bono legal representation to individuals and families who would otherwise be without legal assistance.
Scott is a 1989 graduate of Temple University School of Law. He earned his bachelor’s degree in accounting from Pennsylvania State University in 1986.
- Temple University School of Law, J.D., 1989
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 1986
- Willig, Williams & Davidson, Associate, 2004-Present
- Dessen, Moses & Sheinoff, Associate, 1991-1999
- Dessen, Moses & Sheinoff, Supervising Domestic Relations Attorney, 1999-2004
- Arthur Anderson, Tax Associate, 1989-1991
- New Jersey Supreme Court, 1989
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1989
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1989
- United States District Court of New Jersey, 1989
- Nicholas J. Cipriani Family Law American Inn of Court, 2007-Present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, 1989-Present
- Philadelphia VIP (Volunteers for the Indigent Program), Volunteer Attorney, 1989-Present
- Support Center for Child Advocates, Volunteer Attorney, 1995-Present
Articles & News