Linda M. Martin
A Willig, Williams & Davidson partner, Linda M. Martin counsels and represents labor organizations and individuals in a broad range of labor and employment matters. She routinely advocates on behalf of her clients in state and federal courts, and before arbitrators and administrative agencies.
Linda’s substantial professional experience includes labor practice proceedings, contract negotiations, ERISA litigation, employment claims and labor disputes, among other areas. In addition, Linda trains individuals and labor organizations in many aspects of labor and employment law, has taught labor law at Saint Joseph’s University and The Comey Institute, and presents union education workshops.
In keeping with the firm’s dedication to giving back to the legal and broader communities, Linda served as a volunteer attorney with the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Homeless Advocacy Project and is an investigator for the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Judicial Evaluation Commission. As a volunteer attorney, Linda has represented homeless individuals in connection with social security disability and veterans’ disability benefits as well as education matters. Among other notable pro bono cases, she has secured SSD benefits for a mother whose 8-year-old son suffered from emotional and behavioral problems, including violent acts toward family members, and obtained SSD benefits for an immigrant who suffered from significant mental health issues.
As a Judicial Evaluation Commission investigator, Linda teams with other team members to investigate trial judges seeking appellate seats and Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court and Supreme Court judges seeking retention. Linda has chaired eight investigations. As chair, her duties include reviewing decisions authored by the judicial candidate, interviewing candidates and attorneys who have appeared before the candidate and preparing the investigative committee’s final report on a judicial candidate, which forms part of the basis for the Commission’s candidate rating.
In addition, Linda was instrumental in establishing an outreach non-profit corporation in Delaware County. The outreach corporation, through grants and various fund raising activities, established an after school tutorial program for elementary school children, a summer day camp, and an ESOL program, and a community burse program. Linda served as Chairman of the Board of Directors from 2002 through 2005
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Saint Joseph’s University, B.S., Cum Laude 1987
- Willig, Williams & Davidson, Associate, 1992-2000; Partner, 2000-Present
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, 1992
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1992
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1992
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2001
- United States District Court of New Jersey, 2002
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2014
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2014
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2015
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2015
- American Bar Association, 1992-Present
- CLC Community Outreach Corporation, Board Chairman, 2003-2006
- Labor and Employment Relations Association, Philadelphia Chapter, Board of Directors, 2000-2004, President, 2005, Ex Officio President, 2006
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Commission Investigator, 2002-Present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, 1992-Present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2012-2017
- Citation, Homeless Advocacy Project Volunteer Attorney, Council of the City of Philadelphia, 1995 and 1996
Articles & News
- 12 Willig, Williams & Davidson Attorneys Named Among 2017 'Best Lawyers in America'
August 15, 2016
- 12 Willig, Williams & Davidson Attorneys Named to 2016 'Best Lawyers in America'
August 17, 2015
- Third Circuit Weakens Mailbox Rule in FMLA Notice Case
September 29, 2014
- 10 Willig, Williams & Davidson Lawyers Named to 2015 'Best Lawyers in America'
August 18, 2014
- Ten Willig, Williams & Davidson Lawyers Included in U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers in America 2014
August 15, 2013
- Nine Willig, Williams & Davidson Lawyers Included in U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers in America 2013
October 3, 2012
- Nine Willig, Williams & Davidson Lawyers Included in U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers in America 2012
September 13, 2011