Individual working people, unions and their members turn to Willig, Williams & Davidson for legal advice, consultation, document preparation and litigation regarding their real estate matters. From simple residential lease and sales transactions to commercial leases and sales, our real estate lawyers offer efficient, cost-effective legal services designed to meet our clients’ real estate objectives.
The lawyers of Willig, Williams & Davidson are proud to provide hardworking individuals and their families with affordable legal assistance. We recognize that real estate transactions and disputes have a significant impact on our clients’ lives. Our real estate lawyers handle:
- Breach of contract matters
- Breach of the Sellers’ Disclosure Law
- Commercial lease and sales transactions
- Consumer fraud
- Deed transfers
- Document preparation and review
- Ejectment actions
- For Sale by Owner transactions
- Landlord / Tenant disputes in Municipal Court and on Appeal to the Court of Common Pleas
- Lease and lease-purchase agreements
- Litigation regarding real estate matters
- Loan modifications
- Mortgage document review
- Mortgage Foreclosures
- Negotiated settlements
- Partition actions
- Purchase and sale of residential and commercial property including representation during negotiations and at real estate settlements
- Quiet Title actions
- Zoning matters
Our Union clients and their Funds often require assistance in the negotiation and preparation of commercial leases and agreements of sale for the properties which house the Union and/or Fund offices and employees. We are involved through every step of these transactions from the origination of the agreements, through negotiations, to obtaining the final signatures on documents at the settlement table. Our goal is to provide the highest level of service in representing our clients' interests in our facilitation and finalization of these transactions.
Willig, Williams & Davidson’s real estate attorneys handle each matter as if it were their only matter. Our clients, including those covered by a pre-paid Legal Services Plan, rely on the firm’s Real Estate Department both in and out of the courtroom. Representation by a real estate attorney serves to minimize financial risk and maximize the likelihood of achieving your real estate objectives. We are there every step of the way. If you have a real estate concern – large or small – please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.
Real Estate: Resources
- The U.S. Supreme Court determines that Disparate Impact Claims are Valid Under the Fair Housing Act
July 14, 2015
The Inclusive Communities Project, Inc., a Texas based non-profit organization, originally filed an action in the United States District Court, Northern District of Texas, under Sections 804(a) and 805(a) of the Fair Housing Act (“FHA”) alleging that the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs’ allocation of tax credits in black neighborhoods had a disparate impact which continued and reinforced segregated housing patterns in Texas.
- March 2014, PFT Legal Services Plan Newsletter
- Willig, Williams & Davidson Partner Irwin W. Aronson Presents at Pennsylvania Association of Housing and Redevelopment Agencies Conference
March 14, 2012
Labor and employment attorney Irwin W. Aronson presented at the annual Pennsylvania Association of Housing and Redevelopment Agencies Conference on Mar. 6.
- Getting a Mortgage After the Meltdown
August 10, 2011
Getting a mortgage and/or refinancing in today’s economic climate can be a challenging and exasperating experience for many individuals. In the days before the mortgage crisis, when mortgage money was plentiful, many people were able to obtain a mortgage with less than stellar credit and little or no documentation to justify their ability to pay the mortgage.
- Why Tenants Need Renter's Insurance
April 1, 2011
Many Tenants falsely assume that when they are renting a property from a Landlord, that the Landlord’s insurance will protect them if something happens that destroys their personal belongings in the rental property. This is not necessarily true.
- Philadelphia Labor and Employment Lawyer Irwin W. Aronson Presents at Public Housing Authorities Directors Association / Rutgers University Executive Director Education Program
January 10, 2011
Willig, Williams & Davidson partner Irwin W. Aronson presented at an employee relations seminar held by the national Public Housing Authorities Directors Association and Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey on Jan. 8.
- Philadelphia Gives Struggling Homeowners a Chance to Stay Put (The New York Times)
November 18, 2009
Real Estate Attorney Kristine Phillips Provides Pro Bono Counsel Through Philadelphia VIP