At Willig, Williams & Davidson, we are committed to training union advocates. We believe in empowering our union clients and their members by conducting in-depth training seminars that are tailored to meet the needs of 21st century labor organizations.
Willig, Williams & Davidson’s labor law attorneys work with our clients to develop educational seminars that are customized to their members and their industry or work locations. From one-hour overviews to multi-day courses, our labor attorneys instruct union officers, stewards and members on all aspects of union representation, with an emphasis on making the law more user-friendly and less intimidating. We design our courses to teach union representatives how to use the law as an effective tool to advance the interests of their members.
Past topics have included:
- Union Representation & Protected Activity
- Grievances and Arbitration for Union Stewards
- Contract Disputes and the Importance of Language
- Contract Negotiations and Interest Arbitration: Best Practices for Unions
- Just Cause and Employee Discipline
- Navigating the FMLA and ADA: Practical Tips for Union Representatives
- A Union Representative’s Guide to Workplace Violence.